The D250S Dual has 2 inputs. The Service battery will be charged from the alternator, solar
panel, or both in combination. The solar panel adjusts itself to the Starter battery voltage. The
Starter battery will be charged and maintained directly by the solar panel if the Service battery
is fully charged.
D250S Dual FEATURES:
• Multi-step 20A temperature compensated battery charging and battery maintenance.
• Battery separation of Starter and Service batteries.
• Maximum power point tracking for solar panels charging the Service battery.
• Two power source inputs (alternator, solar, wind, Supply battery and other).
• Coordination of the two inputs, allowing parallel operation.
• The auxiliary input will also charge and maintain the Starter battery.
Smart Pass can operate as a stand-alone unit, but works best in combination with D250S
Dual . The Smart Pass creates a priority path for charging the Service battery to recharge
it more quickly and efficiently. Attached energy sources like solar, wind or shore power will
charge both the Service and the Starter batteries through the Smart Pass . Service batteries
that are overheated due to age, high ambient temperature or other battery problems will be
protected from high alternator current.
The CTEK Smart Pass adds additional functionality for higher output alternators, larger battery
banks and/or high parallel loads.
• Separation of consumers and Service batteries during charging, which improves the charging
capacity significantly, and lowers the consumer voltage, which increases expected service life of
lights and other electronics.
• Service battery watch, which avoids harmful deep discharges that otherwise would shorten
battery life. The battery watch also protects navigation, radio and emergency light from being
out of electricity.
• Over-temperature protection of Service battery. High battery temperature could significantly
reduce battery life.
• Maintenance charge of Starter battery, which simplifies installation with fewer components.
• Simplified installation of AC/DC chargers (shore power). Only one output from
the AC/DC charger needed.
Don't risk your warranty, buy from an
By buying your next CTEK Charger from Balmain Batteries you will be getting a genuine CTEK Product backed by our unmatched after sales technical service and a full manufacturers warranty.
Technical Support Hotline - 0425- 286 700. 8:00am to 8:00pm 7 days